Sunday, August 24, 2008

Blueberry Harvest

Friday was a pretty eventful day. In the afternoon, Ryan took the kids (minus Seth) to pick several pounds of blueberries at a blueberry farm. They ended up with about 16 pounds of blueberries and by the time they made it home, they had already eaten about 3 pounds! Friday evening, Ryan and I were suppose to go on an overnight mini get-away up North to celebrate our 15th Wedding Anniversary (which took place on Aug. 12th). But.... Mother Nature had other plans. Right before we were suppose to leave, we discovered that I was miscarrying- bummer! I guess I jumped the gun on the little baby count-down widget- that is why is disappeared. I would have been due on Easter this year (April 12th). Considering the crew of kids we have had, we have actually only had one miscarriage before and it was NOT a traditional miscarriage. It was nine years ago, (my third pregnancy) and it was a Molar Pregnancy (it's weird- google it, if you feel so inclined), in which I miscarried twins and had to have a D and C. Anyway, we are a bit bummed, but honestly OK with what happened- it obviously was not right in some way... I will be seeing the Dr. this week and we will just make sure everything is squared away. (And then I don't know, we will see- stay tuned, I guess!) Probably the worst part was that my birthday was Saturday, and I didn't really feel like celebrating (today either, for that matter), I think we will do that tomorrow night for Family Home Evening. As if turning 35 is really that pertinent to celebrate anyway?? Here are some pics from the blueberry excursion...

1 comments:

Chari said...

Oh Heidi! I'm so sorry. That is a bummer for so many reasons. I'll keep you in my prayers and Happy Birthday! What a week for you...again, I am so sorry!
Love you!