This past weekend was soooo busy and crazy. For the past several months, our Stake (at church) has been preparing for a huge 30th year celebration. Also a few months ago, I recieved a new church "calling". That's right, you guessed it- I was called as the coveted (ha-ha) Stake Cultural Arts Director! You may ask, "Why you?" And I certainly asked the same question!! I will even go so far as to admit that I tried to get out of it (claiming that we could move at any time, we could be getting pregnant again sometime soon, we were planning on being in Utah for that week-end, etc...). But, what do you do when the Stake President tells you that he feels that this calling was definately meant for you???
Might I also mention, that at the exact same "meeting" with the Stake President, Ryan was asked to be the High Priest Group Leader for our ward. (He brought the average age of 75 down to MAYBE 55?) He actually seems just about as busy as when he was on the High Council! With all of that being said, we really do love serving and even though it is so busy, it always seems to work out.
For the 30th Celebration, we also combined celebrating Utah's Pioneer Day and had a picnic (about 600 people showed up) with a mini Pioneer Parade for the little kids, lots of victuals (I love that word!), and Pioneer games and activities. On Sunday, there was a Fireside that the current and previous Stake Presidents spoke at (one of them being a General Authority- no pressure), with a Time line display and dessert afterwards. I had a lot of help with the events and also pulled a lot of late nights, but everything turned out wonderfully. It was a stress (and a blessing) to be a part of such a great event that was all instigated when I was 5 years old!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
BUSY WEEKEND
Posted by Markowski Family at 1:42:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I always knew you were very cultural...it was really only a matter of time. Actually I think it's pretty funny because I didn't even know that calling existed. At least you get to try something new, Brad is in the YM's presidency here again, and I am the primary chorister again. Oh well, we like it. When are you going to be in Utah again?
Kalisa
Post a Comment