Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Abby's "Princess" Luncheon



Today, Abby went to a Princess luncheon. (It was basically a fancy playdate). It was at the house of her identical twin friends, Layla and Ella. She can't really tell them apart until she distinguishes the patterns on their outfits- which are always the same style- different patterns! I also keep telling Abby that one has bangs like her and one does not- although i must confess that I have no clue which one does and which one doesn't, I will have to ask their mom. Anyway, she had to bring a "dish to share", so we made chicken sandwiches and used a cookie cutter to make them look "fancy". She also chose her outfit and instructed me on just how to style her hair. In fact, she was actually quite sassy about the whole thing, (She told me while I was curling her hair that it was "pure punishment"- no joke, her exact words and that we needed to buy one of those salon chairs so that she could "sit and relax." I, of course, told her that she can figure out a way to style her own hair and that beauty comes at a cost! I also told her that she was really taking the princess thing a little too seriously!) Needless to say, she "suffered" through the party preparation and thoroughly enjoyed her "brunch"!!

0 comments: