Saturday, December 20, 2008

Our November...

GREAT WOLF LODGE... (Outdoor View)

Toward the beginning of November, the kids had a random Thursday and Friday off from school due to teacher prep. days... That week, Wednesday after school, we prepared to go on a little mini family vacation. Last spring, down south of Olympia, an awesome indoor water park/ lodge opened and we had been dying to try it out. We (the kids and I) got a late start and got stuck in rainy weather and terrible Seattle and Tacoma traffic. Ryan had flown to Spokane for the day for work, so he left straight from the airport to meet us down there. It was a slow-go for him as well, but... when we arrived, it was straight to the water park to check out the great, wet fun! We were not disappointed. Now, I do realize that there are far better and bigger indoor water parks in other parts of the country, but this all-emcompassing lodge and park was fantastic for all ages and when I say ALL ages, I mean it... Kelsi had about four lifeguards ask for her number! Those redheads! You can't take them anywhere, they just ask for attention ;)...

The "Kids Cabin" inside our lodge suite


Wyatt, "pretending to surf"



Abby, stopping only a moment for a courtesy camera shot



More clean, (but not so dry) fun



The older kids' favorite ride, the "Howling Tornado" sends the tubes up for their next victims!



Water, water everywhere...



They had about everything to do in water


Ashtin, getting "dumped" on by the oversized bucket



The little kids loved standing under this one



Seth had to ease in, but then we really had to keep an eye on him!



Lovely Kelsi, how about some more original poses??




1 comments:

TheFischerFam said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I told Tim we have to go there soon.