Sunday, November 9, 2008

RYAN AND HEIDI- 15 YEARS AND COUNTING...

In the middle of October, Ryan and I FINALLY got to clebrate our 15th Anniversary (which was really August 12th). We headed up North about an hour to where the famous Northwest Tulip Festival takes place each Spring. No tulips of course, but lots of welcomed "quiet time". We headed over to Deception Pass and hiked a few trails near the beaches and by some miracle we were able to score absolutely beautiful weather!!
Relaxing in our hotel room, WITHOUT kids!!




Deception Pass (Whidbey Island, Wa.)



Ahhh, the beautiful northwest... notice Mt. Baker in the background


This scenery was so cool looking up, I had to snap a shot!




Are you coming??

Proof that we were both there...

Quaint cafe that we ate at, also same quaint cafe where I left our camera at our booth... they graciously mailed it to us.



My "hot" man!



Into the forest... I hope there are no vampires!


We had so much fun on our mini getaway... hiking, eating out (without the HUGE restaurant bill), and just laughing at our own lame jokes. These past fifteen years have flown by, and I suspect that the next fifteen will as well- and technically could also bring Grandparenthood, Aaahhhhh.... The scenery at Deception Pass reminded me a lot of certain areas near the coast and Port Angeles, can you say "Twilight"? :)

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Congratulations on 15 years. I'm glad you and Ryan had a chance to get away. What a gorgeous place you visited, and it does totally look like something out of a Twilight book!

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Yeah! Absolutely gorgeous and looks like you had a great time. Trips like that are totally needed and worth it. The grandparent comment is really freaking me out! SCARY!

Anonymous said...

congrats on actually posting! Yay! I finally did your tagged thing, so stop harrassing me!!!