The "amazing" Kelsi and "average" me...
Ok Cass, this one is dedicated to you! My niece (Cassity) gave me a hard time for slacking on the whole blogging thing- so basically this is a courtesy posting for her... No really, I think that I am going to blink and it's going to be Christmas, THAT is how crazy busy it seems!! So much has happened in the last couple of weeks that I don't know where to start. The most exciting news is that one of my other nieces (it's not ALWAYS about you Cass :) ) came to live with us until next Summer. Her name is Kelsi and she is straight from the Mother Land- England. She is almost 18 and has the "coolest" accent. It's hilarious, because everywhere we go, if people find out she's from the UK, they want her to say something- like she's some fantastic new toy or something. For example, we went to the Fire Station to purchase a bike helmet for her and four Fire Fighters said "Say something", I mean honestly, what is she suppose to say? Also, one girl at Great Harvest Bread told her that she should walk with her head held high, because her "awesome-ness amazes everyone"- soooo funny. Just because they come off as a bit mature over there doesn't mean that we need to fall down and worship them! Anyway, Kelsi is so much fun that I am afraid our kids may "smother" her... oh well, maybe I'll get a break! Ok, so besides the big news just mentioned, we have experienced countless "rough" times of Cortnee trying to "install" her contact lenses, me singing in sacrament meeting- just spoke not that long ago, the ward is probably tired of Sister Markowski..., Ryan and Ashtin attended our wards annual overnight youth hike, we had two curriculum nights (at the schools), School Pictures Day, Cortnee's 6th Grade Outdoor Camp for three days, Ashtin's Young Women in Excellence evening, and me volunteering in the Elementary and Middle School. Pheeeww! We are now trying to get over one of those nasty fall colds that passes around the whole family (no rest for the weary). Amidst all the running around, I also had the pleasure of attending the "General Women's Conference " broadcast for our church (Elder Utchdorf's address was my favorite) Also, as a family this last weekend we got to watch the "Semi-annual General Conference" broadcast on cable- still needing to watch some on DVR due to the chaos that a full house brings, but from what I did hear, my spirit was uplifted and renewed (a welcomed reprieve with all the frightening things going on in the world these days). I am grateful to be part of an organization where I know the teachings of Christ and his infinite love for us is real, and to know that we are all worthy to come unto Him... well, good night all- Kelsi has Seminary at the crack of dawn! (this part is where we miss Utah).



5 comments:
Now wait just a second.... Not always about me?? IT IS ALWAYS ABOUT ME!!! Me me me me! See? Yeah, That's right! LoL:) Glad to hear you're still alive but come on.... only one picture? I expected more from you, I'm going to have to give you a B-..... Try to satisfy my needs a little better next time.. Ah? ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME mememememememememmemememe!!!!!!!!!!
hey! I miss your posts. Stop being so busy! I'm just kidding (sort-of).
We had so much fun seeing Ryan. Next time we'll see if the whole fam can stow along!
hey! I tagged you. If you want to play along, look at my blog and see what you need to do. I look forward to see what you come up with.
If you can't keep up on your blog then you fail at life! Booooooo!! :)
Post a Comment