Friday, October 31, 2008

CATCHING UP...

I know I am just a bit behind with blogging, but there are 5 (six, with Kelsi) good reasons for that! Anyway, here goes trying to catch up... At the end of September, Ryan and I attended Ashtin's YW in Excellence evening, and it was fantastic. Each of the girls came up with a project to go towards earning their medallions. Ashtin went the extra mile and then some. She had a sister in our ward who was her mentor and taught her all about being a missionary. Ashtin read the "Preach My Gospel" missionary guide from cover to cover and even learned to speak and also memorized her testimony in Portuguese. She also put together a fabulous presentation and slide show. We were so proud, I mean honestly, what 12-year-old would do all of that? (Most of the other girls worked really hard as well, and it was fun to see all the fruits of their labors.)


"Sister Markowski"



0 comments: