Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Girls






OK, so I think I should be fired as the Mom (or maybe just stop having more kids). I forgot to pick-up Abby at the bus today, her last day of Kindergarten- how lame is that? No really, we (Ryan, Wyatt, Seth, and I) were a bit distracted because we had just gotten home from the school for Ashtin's 6th grade graduation assembly and then we attended a class BBQ that Cortnee's teacher put on right after gathering Abby up (late), it was a pretty crazy day. I will try to redeem myself by saying we (probably Ryan) must be doing something right because Ashtin got two amazing awards today at the assembly. Here comes the bragging... One was an Education Excellence award that Pres. Bush had signed, based on test scores, maintaining at least a 90% on all tests and assignments since third grade, and showing other academic growth. She was one of three sixth graders to recieve one. If that was not enough, she also was awarded the one and only plaque for the Hilltop Elementary Character Education award for this year! (Which means that all the school staff voted and agreed that she should recieve it). We have been soooo blessed with fabulous teachers and even more fabulous kids. I tried super hard not to cry when we were called up for a photo, as to embarass Ashtin- she is twelve, ya know! Here are various photos from today at the school- notice we are dressed for winter weather.... Ahhhhh, where is the sun???

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Blog! I check it everyday now:)

- Cassity